• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Bad test print, what happened?

4ever Visions

have no idea what happened. magenta and light cyan are printing heavy blocks. Please help Roland XC540

IMG_6703.jpg

Last edited:

4ever Visions

Where are you buying supplies for it ?? They most likely would have a tech on staff.
Got everything online. Bought cap tops, dampers, and solvent cleaner from premier colour, saw a post that those should be replaced. ink i got from ink owl. bought a spare cleaning cartridge from a local place but they dont work on roland printers

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I thought you were going to say you got the ink from AliExpress.

Sorry, I couldn't resist that one

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I don't know anything about Rolands but usually, big blocks of ink like that are an electrical problem either in the head or the cables. You might try unseating wiping the cables connectors down and reseating on both the head and board ends.

damonCA21

Definite electrical problem. The head is getting the signal to turn on, but not getting an off signal, so it shoots ink continuously.

Normally this is down to a bad head cable, so that would be the first ( cheap ) thing to change. If that doesn't fix it the next thing to check is the transistors on the main board ( these send the on and off signals to the head ). If these are ok it is most likely the print carriage board is failing. 9/10 it's not a problem with the actual head, it is the signal it is receiving.