• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

bad test print

ridewraps

My CYAN is only printing half of the test print area any ideas as to why?

The machine says it has ink but I am begining to wonder?

Any help would be great...

speedmedia

Check the bottom of your head for scratches or damage. Last time this happened to me I had to replace the head.

Thanks,
Kurt

ridewraps

The funny thing is it still prints OK when it is printing a job? I have an extra head. How hard is it to replace the head?

ridewraps

insignia I have dampers here what causes them to go bad do they clog, dry up, etc sorry for the questions just trying to figure this out...

particleman

insignia I have dampers here what causes them to go bad do they clog, dry up, etc sorry for the questions just trying to figure this out...

I have run into cracked dampers before. They also have a small filter in them that can clog. You should be able to look and see if it actually has ink in it like the one next to it. I would also suspect a pump going out. I had one just 2 weeks ago only firing half a head turning out one pump was shot on one side.

motorola424

replacing a head is not hard. i replaced 3 of mine and now they're all looking good.

be sure to prime lightly with cleaning solution before installing. just use a syringe to inject some solution into both intakes on the head. LIGHT PRESSURE.

Check all your options before swapping heads.

i'd have to agree, check your dampers. you can use your syringe to pull ink from the damper, listen closely for air leaks

Modern Ink

^^^^
All good things to look at.

How old is your machine?

If you run a strong clean does that side of the printhead come back? If so, there COULD be another issue and that is the Slider Board. This is the board that all the printhead cables/ribbons plug into.

For those that replace your own heads do run the calibrations after you install?

judead

I am curious and not to hi-jack, but I am having an issue with a test print and it prints half of one color and half of another in the print block. Did a clean a month ago and fixed it after 4 strong cleanings. Its like one color fades halfway in the middle of a block into the other. Any ideas?