• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bag Signs

Studog79

We have been screen printing coroplast signs for the last 2 years but it seems the trend is going towards bag signs and I don't know how those are printed. Are they sealed after printing. Multi color? Thanks in advance for your help.

Studog79

I did a search and didn't find anything except where you stated "Because they're produced in a similar way as traditional web printing, there are more costs invlved with printing them." I am a screen printer mostly garmets but also have done a lot of coroplast up to 4'x8' but I don't know what "traditional web printing" is. Do you need special equipment??? If yes what is it.

Thanks

Checkers

Web/offset printing is how most high volume printing is done. The paper (or substrate) comes in roll form, as compared to sheets, and runs continuously throug the press. If you've ever seen a newspaper being printed, you know what web printing is.
Printing on the plastic bags is actually flexographic printing, which is basically the same process as web printing. The only difference that I'm aware of is the press is confugured for, and prints on plastic versus paper.

Checkers

Studog79

Thanks for the lesson. I appreciate it. Who are some companies that manufacture or sell that type of equipment.

Thanks