Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baileigh Brakes

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Hardware' started by ams, Feb 1, 2020.

1. ams

ams Very Active Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Virginia
    Has anyone purchased a Baileigh Brake or Shear? Wondering if it's good quality. Thanks

Tags:
  2. Jester

Jester Slow is Fast

Dec 2, 2019
    SoCal
    I have not. However, that brand is sold by TrickTools.com. I've purchased other metal working tools from them, and in my experience they only carry quality brands. Hope that is some help.

3. ams

ams Very Active Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Virginia
    I thought these would be more geared towards the sign industry, so I figured more people have used them.

4. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Why would they be geared towards the sign industry?

5. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Brakes and shears need to be sized for the application. Also need to consider if you need CNC for automating repetitive tasks.

I've been to Baileigh in Manitowoc to look at their CNC routers. Got the full tour. Nice clean facility and the folks are knowledgeable.
    Unless something changed all Baileigh branded products are made in China.

You can always check online for used equipment too. One of my clients has an HVAC shop. He bought a shear and ironworker for pennies on the dollar. Shear is a beast. I've used it to cut 0.250" stainless.

6. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    we have a 12' Baileigh Shear, works as it should.
    Past few years of operation we've only have had to replace a $30 solenoid that controlled arms that can be raised to hold the cutoff