• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Baileigh Brakes

ams

Has anyone purchased a Baileigh Brake or Shear? Wondering if it's good quality. Thanks

Jester

Slow is Fast
I have not. However, that brand is sold by TrickTools.com. I've purchased other metal working tools from them, and in my experience they only carry quality brands. Hope that is some help.

ams

I thought these would be more geared towards the sign industry, so I figured more people have used them.

rjssigns

Brakes and shears need to be sized for the application. Also need to consider if you need CNC for automating repetitive tasks.

I've been to Baileigh in Manitowoc to look at their CNC routers. Got the full tour. Nice clean facility and the folks are knowledgeable.
Unless something changed all Baileigh branded products are made in China.

You can always check online for used equipment too. One of my clients has an HVAC shop. He bought a shear and ironworker for pennies on the dollar. Shear is a beast. I've used it to cut 0.250" stainless.

MikePro

we have a 12' Baileigh Shear, works as it should.
Past few years of operation we've only have had to replace a $30 solenoid that controlled arms that can be raised to hold the cutoff