• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ballpark pricing on a gerber edge...

EnergyDesign

New and used...what should I look at tp pay. I have tried to do some research without calling a distributor, but can someone explain to me what this machine does that solvent printers dont....

ChiknNutz

Print true SPOT colors, white on clear (or any color on clear for that matter I s'pose), chrome, many other specialty colors...others will chime in I'm sure.

belongie

used

I came across a used edge on the 'net a few days ago. They were asking 12,000 for it. It came with a pretty good supply of foils.

I would love to get one! Then can print on holographic and reflective substrates, and clear! The only downside that I can see is that they only print one color at a time.

There are a few things that I really like: no lamination needed, no drying time, so you don't need a lot of space or take-up reel to prevent ink on ink folding as the substrate comes out of the machine.

I am however, by no means an expert.

iSign

another plus related to printing spot colors, is the consistency of color is 100% accurate if you remember which foil was used... unlike inkjet output where a greater number of factors could result in a shift in the color printed from the same file on 2 different days.

another minus is, of course, the 11.8" size limitation.

tamiya

I would love to get one! Then can print on holographic and reflective substrates, and clear! The only downside that I can see is that they only print one color at a time.

"infinite" colours per job, just have to "babysit". :cool:

beats working out on a nautilus, save on gym fees