• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banding In Black

Autotrim

I am having problems with banding on my Mimaki JV3 160sp
All colors are coming out very smooth with no banding but the black is banding like crazy. and anything with a decent ammount of black in it is banding. Any ideas or suggestions?

First, run a test draw test print. Assuming that you see nozzle outs (holes in the pattern), run cleaning(s) to get the nozzles firing. You may also benefit from the various washes available in the machine firmware.

MachServTech

The test draw can tell us a lot about what component is actually the problem. Caps, Head, Pumps or even head strike can be diagnosed from a test draw.

radiohead223

could be the dampers need a change if it's having a problem of straving for ink as it prints. although when i have seen that happen it tends to start solid colour and then thin out as it print across the print. but still dampers cause odd problems and are an easy cheap change to rule things out