• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banding in gradients only

JLSignsLLC

Valuejet 1614 Flexi 10. Just had my head changed tuesday, Solid colors look amazing. Working on banners for a customer with multiple different colors and gradiens. Solids look amazing, cant say that for the gradient. Horizontal lines going through every color I try. Even the colors do not look right. Using k 45% to white. The fade is purple. Makes no sense at all. I print a box with just the Grey at 45%, looks great. Going to pull my hair out. Finally get the head changed now this mess... Any help is help.
Thanks, Jason

CS-SignSupply

Have you tried exporting the file as TIFF and sending that file to print?

Also try setting your Gradient Fill Rendering Intent to 'Perceptual'

tsgstl

screen cap it and print the gradient as a test to see if it is the gradient that is messed up

when you print solid colors are you printing straight CMYK? IE go in to the setting of the color and print a solid box of 100% and nothing else of CMYK this will at least narrow down a few things. I have had issues on my VJ with flexi interpretations of gradients especially radial.

Make sure your encoding strip is clean, use lint free cloth and distilled water

JLSignsLLC

Solid colors print fine. Yes I used 100% of all four colors and they look great. I pulled just the gradient out and printed, the grey fade is a shade of purple with horizontal banding.