• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banding Issue

packman

I hope someone can help, and I know banding is something that theres loads of possibilities it can be, but I've tried everything.

I have 2 mutoh rockhoppers and one of them has started banding black lines across the media.

At first I thought that it was a bit of fluff that had dragged across because some of the lines are wavy. But I've done a power clean, even taken the heads out and cleaned all around them.

I thought it was an issue with the software or the network cable as well.

So after trying everything I took out the heads, capping station and pump and put them into the other machine and its got exactly the same problem.

Its only the black that is doing it. So I printed a test page from the printer rather than the software and there's no banding from the black.

So does this mean that its either a network problem or software problem and not the heads?

Cheers Mark

packman

So its not the network cable as I've just tried a lpt cable and its still banding.

Does a worn head cause this problem?

sfr table hockey

If you were to have said that there were random lines of black, in the print, I would have said clean the encoder strip or blow out around the area of the censor that reads the strip.

But seeing how you said by removing the parts from the problem printer and putting into another printer and the problem transfered to that printer then it is more the heads.

What does the test print show for missing lines or are they all good?

Have you replace the heads and not changed the head rank number?

This also may cause random lines in a print.

sfr table hockey

Also banding is the look of darker or lighter rows in the print and they are in the same depth usually as the distance the media moves for each pass the heads make. Banding is normally seen when heads are not alligned and is not as noticable in uni direction. Also lowest quality print (faster speed) will band more.

Stealth Ryder

What is the quality of the Check Nozzle Pattern? This is where you start, need to determine if it is clogged nozzles or a page feed issue.

packman

I changed the head ranks when I changed over the heads.

It still prints really good quality images but just the banding issue.

I always print uni direction anyway so thats not an issue.

I may have the wrong termanology then, as the banding isn't darker or lighter shades of colour in the print. Its more like the thickness of a pen line running full width of the media, or as far as the print head is moving to. With out posting up pics at them moment I'm trying to describe it the best I can. so I've mocked up an image to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

Cheers Mark

Attachments

• banding.jpg
    banding.jpg
    820.6 KB · Views: 85

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I hope someone can help, and I know banding is something that theres loads of possibilities it can be, but I've tried everything.

I have 2 mutoh rockhoppers and one of them has started banding black lines across the media.

At first I thought that it was a bit of fluff that had dragged across because some of the lines are wavy. But I've done a power clean, even taken the heads out and cleaned all around them.

I thought it was an issue with the software or the network cable as well.

So after trying everything I took out the heads, capping station and pump and put them into the other machine and its got exactly the same problem.

Its only the black that is doing it. So I printed a test page from the printer rather than the software and there's no banding from the black.

So does this mean that its either a network problem or software problem and not the heads?

Cheers Mark

You have a weak head. Change it.