• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banding issues (Media profile related?)

LeiftheLucky

I've been having issues with banding on my Scitex FB700. Being under warrantee, HP continued to send a tech out to replace parts to troubleshoot the problem over the last few weeks. He's now been here several times and has replaced every moving part in the machine (motors, wheels, bearings, carriage assemply) and even replaced the rail. Although it is better, it is not what it once was. Most things are OK but solid dark colors are visibly banded. It seems to be a problem primarily on Ultra Board(united industries) as it is plastic coated and is not forgiving at all. Tech was basically at a loss as he had done all he could and said it was either a software issue or jets misfiring because of a damaged head (not covered by warrantee). We are using caldera as our rip and I'm curious if it might be a profile issue but am having trouble finding one to compare to calderas preset. Any ideas at where I might find this? Or any other possibilities why it might be banding? A while back I was extremely impressed at how well solid blacks printed and now I'm tearing my hair out. I feel like we've exhausted our options. It was not encouraging that the tech HP flew out here(twice) had no idea after being here for 6 days total.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys :)

Leif

GraphicsSource

That's odd, how do your nozzle checks look? Have you ran all the printhead/nozzle calibrations to make sure everything is aligned? Does it seem to be a particular color that is dropping out causing the banding? If head voltage is too high it can cause dropouts/banding as well.

I couldn't imagine a profile causing banding issues, that's typically more machine related. I'm certainly no HP tech but without knowing everything that's been done these would be my first choices for a fix.

C&DW

The print heads could be getting too hot. Do you run the machine a lot?

Also, Changing material can cause this as well.