• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banding issues

DoubleDiamond

I thought a new thread for this question is better. We seem to be getting too much banding mostly when using many of the roland color chart library colors, like gray. When we choose cmyk and only have a % of k, we get no banding, but we get a hint of blue or magenta in it, and nothing but blackish gray from the roland color chart, just banding though. We use the pms chart and can't get the right shade of gray, but no banding, and no unwanted tints either.
Your recommendations are appreciated, Thank You.

biggmann

we have had many issues with banding over the years and in our case it comes down to cleaning the printer and most important the profile. What I do is make 3x3 squares in red, black, blue and yellow and run test on different profiles and different modes, signs and diplay, max impact etc. I am having a battle right now with avery film that I cant seem to resolve but usually thats all it takes.

Henning

I am having the exact some problem. I did a print on a 5m vinyl sticker ( mostly black background with blue and grey ) and only the grey colour gave me very bad banding. I did all the cleaning and calibration settings that i always do, but this time it is more prominent banding. It is the Roland SP540i and is about 4-5 years old. Any ideas would be appreciated.