Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banding on a Mimaki JV3

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by TheSnowman, Oct 8, 2007.

1. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    How do you correct banding "on the fly" w/ the JV3? I haven't had enough of a problem to have to mess w/ it before, but I'm startin' to do vehicle wraps now, and it's gotta be perfect. I remember the guy that installed and trained me telling me how to do it, but not enough to remember what he told me to do.

Tags:
  2. signguy95

signguy95 Active Member

Dec 5, 2004
    It's the media comp...I can't remember exactly how to do it on the fly. I'll try to find out in the morning if no one has helped!

Jay

3. GK

GK Very Active Member

Apr 30, 2007
    NYC
    media feed adjustment is what you would most likely be looking for.

4. GB2

GB2 Very Active Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Connecticut, USA
    If you have light line banding hit Function - Enter - then the Down Arrow button until you reduce the number by 30. Recheck your print and adjust a little more or less depending on the result.

If you have dark line banding hit Function - Enter - then the Up Arrow button until you increase the number by 30. Recheck your print and adjust a little more or less depending on the result.

If you have a dark and light line together increase the heat setting or slow the printing down by selecting a higher number of print passes.

5. Valentino

Valentino Active Member

Jan 16, 2007
    it's a mimaki.....just expect it. lol. i kid i kid....well kinda.

6. TheSnowman

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    hahahaha...not funny. I haven't ever had to adjust a thing, so I'm just tryin' to learn. I'm still sold on it.

7. eforer

eforer Active Member

Nov 2, 2006
    I'm so sick of hearing about Mimaki's banding. If its banding, you did something wrong The folks at Mimaki assume that there customers purchasing a 20k-30k printer will take the time to learn to operate it properly. Unless something is broken, banding is operator error. I steadfastly believe that Mimaki's are the best printers in their segment. Performance, build quality, and most of all: real solvent!

8. Valentino

Valentino Active Member

Jan 16, 2007
    i'm just commenting from what I've seen from the franchises out here. a particular company who is know for FAST work...their mimaki's are spitting out 360 by 360 pictures of crap.

9. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    :design:
    since we're all design-challenged, money-grubbing franchise owners here... I guess that justifies YOU, Valentino, spitting out CRAP everytime the professionals here want to discuss equipment you don't own...

:Oops:wait... none of us are franchises... so why don't suck in that crap & swallow it next time, instead of repeatedly spitting out worthless misguided irrelevance. :cool:

10. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    hmmm... your "trash-talking" is amusing,
    but mine is a problem somehow?

...if you can't stand the heat... don't hold your breath for others to "pass over" your antagonistic commentary.

Homey don't play that :thumb:

11. eforer

eforer Active Member

Nov 2, 2006

While I'm not a franchise owner, I don't arbitrarily hate them. I do sort of feel bad for them though. There's a reason franchises are often supplied with Mimaki equipment, its built to last and likewise, the prints it produces will outlast those of any other machine in its class. Don't even get me started on how much I hate eco-sol!

12. TheSnowman

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    I've never had an eco-sol, but heard when I first got into digital that the prints didn't last quite as long in comparison.

13. eforer

eforer Active Member

Nov 2, 2006
    My first hand experience has shown that to be true, but they last long enough for most things. Its more that with the solvent inks you don't have to be as meticulous with the handling of your media as the inks are just alot less picky with material and contaminates.

14. Valentino

Valentino Active Member

Jan 16, 2007
    yes it is a problem, as I was reading your meanie poop poop head comment it hurt my eyes. hahahaha, no I can take criticism, I just wanted to PM you instead of posted a comment so everyone didn't think I was blasting you.

In regards to eco-solvent, I agree! the eco-solvent dry time has caused me to ruin a few banners that ink is still tacky and sticks. and I have to baby prints to make sure it's dry.