• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banding on dx8 printhead

chops1978

Hi Guys i need help have a chinese printer dx8 printhead getting colour loss on the far side of the prints the print/nozzle tests are perfect
i changed the dampers reinstalled software the printer is on a ups and changed the capping station aswell and everytime same problem it prints for about 500mm to 1m then starts

Attachments

• 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 243
  • 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 121
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 127
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 122

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Ink starvation. Try slowing the head down. Or run it uni directional.
What dampers are you using? Is there enough room between dampers for them to pulsate and draw in ink without pushing on the opposite damper?

chops1978

HI Mike yes there is more than enough space between the dampers its a Chinese printer unfortunately and all those prints were prints slow an uni directional

Terry01

More info required..DPI, passes, uni or bidirectional? Have you changed any settings to attempt to fix the problem?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Looks like it's only happening on one side. I've run into this before with a DX5 head and it ended up being a partially clogged manifold. I flushed it and everything started working properly. It could be a bad damper as well.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
HMMM
It looks like ink starvation somewhere in the system. You will have to check everything from the cartridges to the capping station.
Are the dampers full when a print is started? If its happening anywhere from 2 to 3 feet into a print that would say to me that the damper is not drawing ink into it.
Does your printer use ink pumps to push ink to the dampers, or use siphoning to bring ink to the dampers?

chops1978

HMMM
It looks like ink starvation somewhere in the system. You will have to check everything from the cartridges to the capping station.
Are the dampers full when a print is started? If its happening anywhere from 2 to 3 feet into a print that would say to me that the damper is not drawing ink into it.
Does your printer use ink pumps to push ink to the dampers, or use siphoning to bring ink to the dampers?
it doesnt have ink pumps changed the capping station aswell and i changed the dampers iwas thinking of moving the bottles up or a bit higher so it sits higher to the printhead

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's ink flow in my opinion. If it's not a damper issue, it's probably air getting in somewhere along the line. Any air in the lines?