• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banding on Epson s80600

buzzgraphics

Hey folks, I’m getting weird banding when printing solid gray on my Epson. It’s hard to see in the pic but the banding doesn’t go all the way across the sheet. It drops in and out throughout the middle of the sheet. It also moves around the sheet as it’s coming through the printer. I’ve already cleaned the head and recalibrated the media feed. Any idea what could be causing this?

Attachments

• EED316AC-FA77-402D-8058-9C588B17717A.jpeg
    EED316AC-FA77-402D-8058-9C588B17717A.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 185

jfiscus

Rap Master
It might be related to your profile you are using in your RIP and the corresponding ink limits you have set?
Grays are always the hardest colors to hit "solid" without being tinted or banded since they use so little of each ink in them.

buzzgraphics

It might be related to your profile you are using in your RIP and the corresponding ink limits you have set?
Grays are always the hardest colors to hit "solid" without being tinted or banded since they use so little of each ink in them.
I’ve printed three of these panels. The first one was fine. The problem got steadily worse until the last panel which I posted a pic of.

danno

It looks to me like there might be a temperature change as the machine warms up. Look to see if there could be slight buckling of the media as it moves across the platten. If there is, try dropping the pre and platten temps a couple degrees.

buzzgraphics

It looks to me like there might be a temperature change as the machine warms up. Look to see if there could be slight buckling of the media as it moves across the platten. If there is, try dropping the pre and platten temps a couple degrees.
We got a winner. Too hot in the shop coupled with too hot on the platen. Thanks for thinking of it.