• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

banding or lines on my print

salazar

Why do my prints have lines or banding on them,am i using the correct profile or setting, also it is a vector file that i export as eps and i have a versacamm dp300v
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150324_133955.jpg
    20150324_133955.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 2,753

salazar

attachment.php

Attachments

• 12550d1302121058-roland-versacamm-sp540v-54-11-500-rolandtestprint9-6.jpg
    12550d1302121058-roland-versacamm-sp540v-54-11-500-rolandtestprint9-6.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 3,355

Brendan

pretty nozzle check.... make sure there is slack in the media and that the machine isnt pulling against the weight of the roll. These machines dont do well pulling any kind of weight.

In Print

from the nozzle test it looks like some magenta and black nozzles are misdirected, that could cause those lines. Its not alot but I have had a single blocked nozzle do that.

Bretbyron

The lines do not look like they are going through the Cyan and Black. If it was a feed issue wouldn't it go through all colors?

MikePro

definitely a feed compensation issue. white lines means your printer is feeding too much material per pass of the printheads.
+1 to a misalignment issue, in addition to feed comp. Most likely in your bidirectional alignment.

Drip Dry

Is "Generic vinyl" the profile your using ?

I assume your printing on a standard glossy vinyl.
If so, try using the "GCVP" profile. I've always had good success with that.

jman

Go through and do all the calibrations on the printers menu. Maybe the feed calibration, Could try adjusting that to see if the banding goes away.

Banding is a pain but usually is just a simple setting that needs tweaked through the printer menu screen. Try adjusting the heater also.

StudioSignsInc

Service mode

It's possible for a regular test print to look good but still have deflected/ clogged nozzles (speaking from experience...) - the way to be sure is run the test print within the service mode. Ask around or search the forum if you don't know how to get in there. It's been a while for me and I can't find my notes.

splizaat

Assuming your feed calibration is correct....and your print heads are aligned properly.

As suggested above, try GCVP or go download Oracal's 3165G Profile and try that. 3165G profile seems to print almost everything on that machine.

It COULD just be the media too -- our SP300V was VERY picky on what it liked to print. Some medias wouldn't print right no matter what we did, settings, temps, profiles, etc. Some medias printed perfect every time. The SP300V is a picky *****.

reQ

Whats your heater set at? Sometimes same issue will appear when ink is drying to fast.