• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banding/Over Spray

Prism1

54" printer. Print a test print about 12-16" across...looks good. But when I print a test 46"-50" across, we get banding. ALSO, it looks like "Overspray" on the "white" letters/area in the solid colors, AND around the edges of the print. Also...got a few Black ink drops on the print. ????? Printing on 2 mil white vinyl... Help....

Ken

Prism1

Have done that...Uggghhhh. Push "Test Print", all bars are printing in the test. ALSO...last week, the black ran out, but I re-primed it, and it has printed a few things ok. Black damper is full...

Prism1

Changed pump and suction cups, no change. WEIRD thing is the Crop Mark "Line" ( about 2 pts ) looks like a Spiderweb on the top and bottom of the print...

Any other suggestions...we have been down for 2 days and this is killin' me.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Change your inks................. Tri aren't good for the system and lay down a different spray at a different consistency then the machine specs call for, therefore hurting things and eventually messing up the interior working parts.

Prism1

I have been printing with triangle for almost 2 years now...never had this problem before...

GARY CULY

the mention of "spiderwebs" got me tothink it is static electricity ..that happens a lot when using sign paint ..i know ,i know its different ,,but static electricity "pulled" the paint from the brush ,creating "spiderwebs" also the droplets is the electricity "pulling" ink from the heads .......wipe with snuggles drier sheets