• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

banding problem roland xc 540

desnum

ok i wanna know if anyone have any banding problem with banding on oracal 3640 gloss, because i 've printed a file on the 3640 no banding at all, i 've change my roll and put 3640 again and i have a lot of banding

same file, same vinyl (3640 gloss) the only thing i've notice is the backing is not the same color, i know the backing dosen't change anything but it's the only thing i've notice

Thanks

ps : i'have check my head alignement my nozzle at fine and my feed is the same

i really don't know what's going on

Cyw

"Banding" can describe a bunch of different things.......and the cause and ultimate resolution can be easy and simple or complicated and expensive.

Before you start over thinking, could it just be a simple matter of feed calibration?
Going from an almost empty roll to a full heavy roll could easily produce horizontal banding
Pre-feed some vinyl and try again
See if its really simple.......first.

splizaat

I don't care what anyone says, I think oracal changed 3164 last year too and never told anyone...all the sudden their 3164 profile can't hit a nice solid black - it's splotchy now. I want answers too!!!

Dragos_RO

ok i wanna know if anyone have any banding problem with banding on oracal 3640 gloss, because i 've printed a file on the 3640 no banding at all, i 've change my roll and put 3640 again and i have a lot of banding

same file, same vinyl (3640 gloss) the only thing i've notice is the backing is not the same color, i know the backing dosen't change anything but it's the only thing i've notice

Thanks

ps : i'have check my head alignement my nozzle at fine and my feed is the same

i really don't know what's going on

If you think this is from the material, then try another one :peace!:. Prefeed both of them to make sure it's not the problem of roll weight.

Colorwen

Magenta bending problem on Roland XC 540

Hi guys,

So, our Roland XC540 printer has been having banding problems with the magenta. Attached is one of the prints that we recently printed and if you look closely you can see the magenta banding on top of the girls head. We swapped the dampers, did calibration, changed the captop with no luck.

Any other suggestions that is not already in this thread of what else we can try would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20140911_144405.jpg
    20140911_144405.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 72