• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banding Problem w/ 16 oz banner

signguy39

Premium Subscriber
I have been having a lot of trouble printing on 16 oz vinyl banner. I was able to print an entire roll just fine, but when I started in on the 2nd and 3rd roll, banding started to become a real problem. I have attached a picture of one of the banners. I have tried many things including increasing the room's humidity, letting out 6 or so feet of material while printing, and running a humidifier right under the printer. I'm printing on a Roland VP-540i using the Generic II Banner profile and Max Density US. Changing the profile seems to have no impact on the banding issue. Any ideas?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 100

2B

We do weekly cleaning on the printer. It's printing fine on every material except 16oz banner.

if nothing has changed on the machine, maintenance done regularly, other material turns out fine and the head height wasn't changed from the different rolls would say look at the material as the issue.

is it the same lot # as the previous (good) roll?
stored in the same environment?
were the stored on there side or vertical? if on the side in the original container? material stored on the side can have "flat parts" that will cause the print to turn out different looking.
was it reverse rolled, are you printing on the right side?
list keeps going...

signguy39

Premium Subscriber
All 3 rolls used have 3 different lot numbers (2 out of 3 have printed poorly). Every roll has been stored in the shop vertically out of the original box. This banner material is produced by "Koma". Its the only banner material that we use, which is NOT reverse rolled. Print side is on the outside and the skrim side is on the inside.

2B

sounds like you need to contact "Koma" for suggestions.
From what you described the printer working fine.