• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

banding problem with L26500

bigben

Hi, I have an HP L26500 with caldera 9.2 rip and no matter what I do, I have banding in my darks colors (more visible in black) at 8 passes. If I print at 10 passes I need to check the print at a certain angle to barely see the banding (my wife do not see them). All my print heads are new (still on warranty), even change the two black/yellow last friday, change one magenta head yesterday (the printer ask for it). I do my own profiles using easy media and i1 pro 2. I have the same problem on poster paper and vinyl.

I would like to use the 8 passes and 6 passes options to gain speed.

What am I missing or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Ben

MMLLC

Are you running color bars outside the graphics, If not, try that. It is located under the Marks Tab I Believe.

If possible, please try to post a photo of the output.

I have seen cases with the HP Latex machines where the ink is incompletely cured in the printer, which can give the appearance of chromatic banding that is primarily noticeable in solid black areas. Remember, black is almost always produced using all inks, and typically, there is a higher volume of ink present in solid Black areas. This makes it more difficult to cure these areas, and if the ink is incompletely cured in the printer, the blacks can appear slightly banded, and this banding will be more noticeable at lower pass counts, and less so as the count increases.

What you can do about it is:

1. Verify that printheads are operating normally (nozzle test).
2. Verify that the OMAS sensor is working normally.
3. Lower your total ink limit in the RIP.
4. Use the Inter-Pass Delay Value to give the heaters a bit more time to dry and cure the ink, without affecting the pass count.
5. Increase the temp in the curing unit.
5. Profile at a higher pass count.

bigben

If possible, please try to post a photo of the output.

I have seen cases with the HP Latex machines where the ink is incompletely cured in the printer, which can give the appearance of chromatic banding that is primarily noticeable in solid black areas. Remember, black is almost always produced using all inks, and typically, there is a higher volume of ink present in solid Black areas. This makes it more difficult to cure these areas, and if the ink is incompletely cured in the printer, the blacks can appear slightly banded, and this banding will be more noticeable at lower pass counts, and less so as the count increases.

What you can do about it is:

1. Verify that printheads are operating normally (nozzle test).
2. Verify that the OMAS sensor is working normally.
3. Lower your total ink limit in the RIP.
4. Use the Inter-Pass Delay Value to give the heaters a bit more time to dry and cure the ink, without affecting the pass count.
5. Increase the temp in the curing unit.
5. Profile at a higher pass count.

thank you very much for the infos. I'll try that and let you know.

Thanks.