• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banding Problems

Laser

:Canada 2: Newbie here:- I have just purchased a used Mimaki JV3, when purchased I was told the heads were shot, I purchased four "Mutoh" heads because I was told they are the same head just with different mounts, They were installed, I have gone through (I think ) most of the setup I can find over the last two days, but I am still getting what I think is called Banding, also my Black and Magenta heads to not seem to print in the same "box" almost like a ghost magenta to the left of hte printed oblect.. Any help would be great..:doh:

speedmedia

Sounds like you might have to check the head height and then do an alignment. Give that a wirl and see if it helps you out at all.

Thanks,
Kurt

Laser

Head Height.

Sounds like you might have to check the head height and then do an alignment. Give that a wirl and see if it helps you out at all.

Thanks,
Kurt
Is there another way besides "Thick & Thin" to adjust the initial height?:thankyou:

speedmedia

Nope, just thick and thin. I just leave mine on Thick and align the heads to that height in the control panel.

Thanks,
Kurt

particleman

:Canada 2: Newbie here:- I have just purchased a used Mimaki JV3, when purchased I was told the heads were shot, I purchased four "Mutoh" heads because I was told they are the same head just with different mounts, They were installed, I have gone through (I think ) most of the setup I can find over the last two days, but I am still getting what I think is called Banding, also my Black and Magenta heads to not seem to print in the same "box" almost like a ghost magenta to the left of hte printed oblect.. Any help would be great..:doh:

I did you install the heads? You mentioned in another thread about having the service manual. You need to get it out and do the head slant, it has to be perfect. You will need a magnification device to do it (loupe). The Y BASE and X followed by the various configs in maintenance mode are vital to getting good prints.

Laser

Yes the heads were installled. Unlukily though the service manual is for a similar machine and not all items are the same :banghead:

Laser

:Canada 2: Newbie here:- I have just purchased a used Mimaki JV3, when purchased I was told the heads were shot, I purchased four "Mutoh" heads because I was told they are the same head just with different mounts, They were installed, I have gone through (I think ) most of the setup I can find over the last two days, but I am still getting what I think is called Banding, also my Black and Magenta heads to not seem to print in the same "box" almost like a ghost to the left of the printed oblect.. Any help would be great..:doh:
Hi Particleman
My problem is I dont know in which order to do the adjustments, I'd like to put it into automotive terms:
"If your car doesnt turn over first check the battery, then check the starter"
I think the adjustments are there (somewhere) but in which order are the tasks tackled?

RippinPC

Head Slant. Y base. X Base. Fine Y si, Fine Y re, Fine Y bi for both Var 2 and Normal 1. Others if you print or your RIP software uses them (unlikely).

You should also consider getting someone in there to show you how to do them.

Laser

Head Slant. Y base. X Base. Fine Y si, Fine Y re, Fine Y bi for both Var 2 and Normal 1. Others if you print or your RIP software uses them (unlikely).

You should also consider getting someone in there to show you how to do them.

Thank you muchly for the order in which to approach the setup, would I insert Unit adjust between Head slant and Y Base or Prior to Head slant. The read out goes to slant then unit, my brain is telling me to adjust the "holder" square first, then set up the slant, otherwise the heads would be askew again. Am I right in thinking that?

I live very rurally as compared to where any service reps are (Mimaki, Mutoh, Roland et al) I would like to know how to fix a problem myself, there is about a 5-6 hour return trip for the service representative to travel (Quoted $900) plus the time required to look at the machine ($180 per hour) if it needs parts then the scenario starts at the travel time again. All of the above plus waiting for an appointment would or could turn into a huge downtime for the printer, an expensive proposition :noway:. I can have the parts shipped overnight and installed the next day myself, if I go through the learing curve now :thumb:

Morph1

Print all
lol 180 dollars per hour !!! what a fricken rip off,
dude it's not a a rocket its just a damn printer !!!! :scream:
most of the time they come by and don't know *hit !!!