• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banding procedure

randya

PF (page feed) issues. So i went back to the start of all the test mutoh has. I did the PF test again and now i am confused. Did the 250mm test thing, i mesure it with a steet ruler as described, and get 249mm, "great i think it's off by 1mm so i tell the initial adjust thingy that it is 249mm, and confirm the print. It prints the magenta crosses and it's perfect...yup 250mm bang on...So i do the initial test thing again to really confirm it....still 249mm...WTF. Another color test after that,,STILL BANDING....grrrrrrrr.. How do i get it to stick to 250mm

You already are.

This is a calibration between the PageFeed encoder count and the media.
everytime you do the calibration, it compares the same encoder counts with the media.

You can do a CONFIRM print and it should print out 250.

But everytime you do a PF adjust it starts from scratch.

k6media

well we are giving new temperatures a go to see what we get. I'll let you know what we see. As for the PF adjust, we ran it a billion times with small to larger increments to see what variances we get. So we got that down. But yup that darn 3m 180c is the only one giving us issues. I've even tried the PF adjust on the fly while printing to see if i get a difference in print and it's all the same. Anyhow i'll let you know what i see at the end of this panel i am printing with the change in heat. :(

randya

There have been cases with ij180 where you have to 'lie' about the pf adjust, if memory serves me correctly you should lie short about 1.5mm.

I.e. if your measurement is 249, enter 247.5...if memory serves me correctly.

The 'micro' adjust is just that, micro and may not compensate enough for this effect.

rockz12

Specializing in the strange and unusual
I had the same problem with my Falcon Outdoor Jr. My test was set at 300mm, kind of weird but if it was printing over 300mm I had to subtract 2.9mm from the incorrect#
The number I read with the ruler was 303 I entered 300.1 then the next print was perfect 300! Adjustment made a noticeable difference in quality

S

Sign-Man Signs

Just a thought, did you check your height adjustment, head to paper? Got to be something dragging. When we had the same problem, we did a power clean a few times and wiped the heads with a link free cloth. I still think it may be your head height adjustment is to low.