• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banding/Streaking and cross contamination

diarmuidrobson

Starting having this problem about 2 weeks now..

Started with banding and has developed into bad streaking.

This is more noticeable with black areas, it will start printing black on the first pass and magenta on the second pass but the magenta is not consistently being layed down on some passes and seems like black drops out.

This leaves the black area with red/magenta streaks.

It will do this through out the print and as you can imagine its a streaky mess..

Other problem is cross contamination with the cyan/yellow head. printing solid yellow will have cyan lines for almost every 2nd pass along the yellow and when i run a nozzle print the cyan/yellow or yellow/cyan will mix between each other. Seems to be at the top of the head and nowhere else. Cleans take this away but returns when printing starts but not in a consistent manner.

The lines are free of any ink as i do a disway wash every evening before i leave for home.

I was reading about cracked heads between the 2 channels, could this be the case and the head still operating ok, i have had no head crashes.

Printer is jv3160s

New pumps about 4 months ago
New dampers fitted yesterday
3 New heads November 2012

running flexisign 6 pass.

Any help appreciated..

Attachments

• _DSC0352.jpg
    _DSC0352.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 103
  • _DSC0354.jpg
    _DSC0354.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 91
  • _DSC0357.jpg
    _DSC0357.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 141

heyskull

If I remember the cyan and yellow are on the same head.
If so I can only see this as a cross contamination or a head beginning to fail.
I would replace the cap and check the pump is running correctly.
If this still persists I would suspect a head is going bad.

SC