• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banding (Waves) on my Mutoh Toucan LT

tandem signs

I don't know if anyone else has this problem on their machine but we've had the issue for some time now. I get vertical banding that looks like WAVES in my CYAN areas. Now I printed swatches and have come to the conclusion its only in my CYAN and not the LIGHT CYAN. We've had many techs come out and look into this issue, none of which have figured anything out. I was hoping someone here could help and maybe they've been through the same issue. Below is a picture off my cellphone. I have recently had other issues with the printer so don't mind the horizontal banding, my heads aren't fully back yet from being clogged but this has nothing to do with these WAVES i'm getting since they have been there for months before my heads got all messed up.

Thanks In Advance!

Attachments

• mutoh toucan LT waves.jpg
    mutoh toucan LT waves.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 77

J Hill Designs

is the media tunneling when printing? Ive seen vertical banding caused by this, or uneven platen heat...can you run an IR thermometer across and see wide variances of heat?

tandem signs

The media seems to be fine, laying flat with no ripples. I guess I could try the thermometer thing but it ONLY happens on CYAN. I can print the other colors in the same area of the printer and they are perfect. Makes no sense to me.