• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banding When Feeding From a New Full Roll??

TSG

Hi guys, Just wondering what some of you might have to say about this issue I am having, and if it can be fixed? (Roland SP540v)

When I run off of a new roll (50 yd. x 54'') the prints band quite a bit, I have to pre-feed and put some slack in the media so its not pulling/feeding right off the roll...I'm still fairly new to calibration and adjustments with this printer, what can I do to try and solve this issue? (will do this at both the standard and high speed print modes)

It seems like the printer just cant handle the weight of a full or heavier roll??

I would suggest that you:

1. Utilize more pinch roller wheels (you can use between 2 and 7 on that machine).
2. Perform a feed calibration with a full roll (Function > Calibrate).
3. Print at 720dpi (Standard resolution) unless you're imaging onto scrim banner material.

Salmoneye

And, are you using the media rollers on the ends of the roll? If not, do so. Have you cleaned your pinch rollers? Maybe they are slipping a bit.

TSG

I will try the feed calibration with a new roll and see what that does...

I am running all 7 of the pinch rollers. I use the plastic rollers on the ends of the roll, and do not have the felt roller brake on...

Gene@mpls

I thought I read that the XC has a feed motor? Or some other Roland? I am
setting up a feed motor on my VP for this reason. Gene