• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Banding when making profiles

Danskitt

I am creating profiles for our Roland XJ-740 through the Caldera rip software. I can get it looking great for ink density and colour but there is always faint banding. The machine is cleaned and calibrated before it is made and I use an 8 pass bi-dir setting with 720 resolution. Any ideas?

What direction is the banding vertical or horizontal to the print direction? Media Advance possibly? Enough missing nozzles will make it look like banding sometimes.

Joe House

Sounds like a likely printer issue, not a profile issue. The printer needs to be fully calibrated before starting the profiling process or the profile won't be accurate. Make sure that your feed and bidirectional calibrations are spot on.

As far as profiling goes, you can try different dithering patterns or drop sizes to try and manipulate the print quality.

Posting a picture would help greatly if you can capture the banding on a camera.

Good Luck

Danskitt

I have done a complete clean and calibration before profiling. I can also print out the same image through versaworks and not get any banding so I am pretty sure it is the profile. I have attached an image.

Attachments

• CA13518A-411B-4F36-948A-37815AD4035F.jpeg
    CA13518A-411B-4F36-948A-37815AD4035F.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 131

Joe House

As Big Easy asked, which direction is that banding? Scan axis or Vertical?
I'm not familiar with Caldera enough to go over the nuances in that software, but again, I would look at options for dithering, ink limits and drop size if they are available. Also, is Caldera sending over any printer control commands like calibrations, temperatures, etc? These can affect print quality as well.

Good Luck