• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banding

Jackerts

Am continuously having problems with banding on one of the machines that l operate, (Challenger 3278N), which uses Photoprint DX as rip software and Printmoon as printing software, it just print less than 1 metre before you discover that the head is misfiring. if I send a nozzle check it comes out with some gaps meaning the head is misfiring, l purge, do another nozzle check and it comes out pefect, what could be the problem, am suspecting inputs values on the software side, please help.
See attachment

Attachments

• IMG_20140721_154411032.jpg
    IMG_20140721_154411032.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 86

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
From what I can tell from what you are saying and showing is that it has nothing to so with software. The head is starving for ink. That is why there will be nozzles out when you do a print test when it is doing that. Its not that the head is misfiring, it just is not getting a steady enough flow of ink to fire. A purge gets the pump(s) to get ink back into the head. You need to figure out why is it not getting enough ink to the head fast enough when it comes time to actually print something besides a test draw.