• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

BANDING

graphix45

I have a Roland VS640 printer and having problem with banding only on dark colors, mainly blues & purples.
I did a feed calibration test and it appears to be way off. I've tried adjusting it, but doesn't seem to make much difference. Attached is a picture of the test print. Any advise would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20180620_090656167.jpg
    IMG_20180620_090656167.jpg
    937.2 KB · Views: 369

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
On the calibration test you want those two black squares to meet up and look like they aren't separate or overlapping. Judging by the picture you need to keep going negative. Also, how does your nozzle check look?

graphix45

Here's a pic of my test print. Looks like I definitely have something going on with the nozzles.

Attachments

• IMG_20180620_175305577.jpg
    IMG_20180620_175305577.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 337

jeffdpia

Digital Print Orchestrator
The gap in the nozzle check is mainly from the feed cal being off, fix the feed cal first. Make sure your roll is not slack in the back because the cal is different with slack vs. taught. Run it again after your correction input to check.

Juney

You need to clean your Liniar encoder strip. Its the Clear strip of plastic and runs the entire width of your printer. Open your front cover, just like you are loading media. look inside and up and towards the back of the machine. My printer head glides over this area. Use a alcohol pad or a soft paper town with alcohol. It will dry quickly. Good Luck

C5 Service&Repair

Fix the calibration. Keep going negative until the 2 squares just kiss and dont overlap. If your test print doesnt show any that touch, then enter the value that is closest on the print and then re-run the test print until you can get squares that are touching on your test.
Personally, I've never seen a machine that was any lower, or more negative than -0.10%. The fact that your test shows all the way to -0.45% and the squares are still way off makes me believe you may have a feed motor, or grit encoder issue. Run the test prints and see if you can get there.

klingsdesigns

Not sure if it makes a difference but i would set the calibration up in service mode first, then fine tune it in regular mode.

Joe House

It looks to me like the bottom of his black nozzles are missing. This would cause the fed calibration test print to be a poor reference. I would try using the nozzle test print as a guide or get the black nozzles firing properly and then do calibrations.
Also it could be a feed encoder issue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Need to replace the Fetzer valve.

Seriously though, the test looks fine, other than what looks to me to be a feed calibration issue, hence the gap between the nozzle test sections.

Joe House

Need to replace the Fetzer valve.

Seriously though, the test looks fine, other than what looks to me to be a feed calibration issue, hence the gap between the nozzle test sections.
Zoom in on the right side of the black nozzles. There are about 5 nozzles missing at the bottom, which would create the gap in the test boxes.
And no, i think it's the muffler bearings or turn signal fluid that's the real problem here. -lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk