• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Banding Issue

jason_hamilton

I have been having an issue woth a banner I am trying to print, and wanted to reach out for some suggestions. I am printing on 15oz Key Blockout banner to go in banner stands. Printing with HP L26500. I am getting these lines/streaks in my print. It is in three spots, and is coming up on both of my printer (same file). I have adjusted temps up and down, vacuum, printheasd and inks are fine........PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! banding.jpg

Not super easy to see, but one line running through the first "o", and one almost between the two "l"'s.

Thanks!!!
Jason

GWSigns

Key banner? We had similar problems along with zig zag lines and as a result have switched to Forward banner form Grimco. They took back all the key banner and gave us credit.

jason_hamilton

We've been using Key for about a year with only a few issues, but my last 2 rolls of the 15oz. have been a complete nightmare!!!!!!! Will try to convince the powers that be to let me try out Forward. Is there an available profile for it for the HP L26500? If not, what are you guys using?

jason_hamilton

Knock on wood, may have solved it for this go round. The last issue I had with this material (the classic wavy roller lines) I fixed by taking my drying temp to almost the maximum. Just the oppisite this time, drying temp to almost the minimum and no streaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jason_hamilton

So we made a switch in material. Not to Forward but to UltrFlex. I'm still having the same issue. I'm thinking it is a hardware problem so I am waiting on HP. We are still under warranty on our printers, so I'm trying to get them to come out and have a good look. I always have to jump through a million and one hoops first but they eventually cave and show up. Just wanted to update y'all!