• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Boxes / Folding

Blaster

Adam B.
Quick question, what size box do you use to ship folded banners. I'm starting to do a fair amount online and shipping rolled is getting pricey for customers.

Blaster

Adam B.
Sorry about that. Normal everyday, 3x6 / 4x8 etc. . I have been shipping these rolled but because of the length of the box, its pricey. I see that larger manufacturers ship them folded.

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
Gotchya! Here's where I wonder.... why would the price be different? The weight can't possibly change that much, does it?
We roll ours, around a smaller tube, put the clear sleeve back over it, wrap with clear packaging tape, and send USPS.
Usually around $15 Duckies, +/- a few pennies. That's anywhere in the US.
I will never ship anything UPS again after what they did to my shipment to Austin from North Texas. Aluminum Signs, bent the hell out of them.
Then they won't pay the claim.
Later. Off to the Big D!

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Dimensional weight matters a whole lot. Banners generally ship for alot more $ than just their weight.

We ship hundreds of banners and don't fold hardly any of them. The shipping costs hurt, but they are better than creases and angry customers.

Have you tried rolling banners in a smaller box? Maybe a 4x4x48" box for example on a 4x8?

We stock box sizes at about every foot so we don't ship a bunch of air with a banner.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I've never heard of folding a banner, unless it was wa-a-ay oversized, but it will still be rolled, then folded and stuck into a large tube. At 48", there is no reason to fold them. None. You'll be doing your customer a disservice with that creation.

How can something that the customer is paying for..... be too expensive ?? What, like $2 or $3 more ??

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Please don't fold banners.
Why would anybody fold a banner! Unless of course it's a fabric banner. We have customers bring us folded banners and want the date or text changed. We have to use clamps to stretch it out.

Blaster

Adam B.
Please don't fold banners.
Why would anybody fold a banner! Unless of course it's a fabric banner. We have customers bring us folded banners and want the date or text changed. We have to use clamps to stretch it out.[/QUOTE
I agree, enough said. Ill stick w rolling.

Thanks

Blaster

Adam B.
I've never heard of folding a banner, unless it was wa-a-ay oversized, but it will still be rolled, then folded and stuck into a large tube. At 48", there is no reason to fold them. None. You'll be doing your customer a disservice with that creation.

How can something that the customer is paying for..... be too expensive ?? What, like $2 or $3 more ??

I agree. I had a customer complain. Im overthinking it. Ill stick w rolling them.

shoresigns

From 4over's website:

4over said:
Please Note: All banners larger than 96 inches on the shortest dimension will be folded when packaged. Banners smaller than 96 inches on the shortest dimension will be rolled when packaged.

4over doesn't seem to have any jump in shipping costs (UPS or Purolator) when the package crosses the 48" or 96" length threshold. I'm looking at Canada to Canada shipping, so it may vary depending where you're shipping to and from.

papabud

Lone Wolf
you can also talk to a ups sales rep and get special pricing. if you use a standard sized box for most of your shipments.

henryz

anything for 4' below is about $12 shipping in a box, for anything larger is right under $20 make your customer pay for the box and shipping. Folded banners only when they are longer than 8ft in height.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
anything for 4' below is about $12 shipping in a box, for anything larger is right under $20 make your customer pay for the box and shipping. Folded banners only when they are longer than 8ft in height.

:roflmao: So, what happens if you have a banner 12' tall and 3' wide ??