• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

banner curling

gixxer2004

I am using a heavy weight banner for hanging banners in a gymnasium but I am having problems with edges curling. I tried 13oz anticurl banner material and it curled worse than the regular scrim heavy weight material. Does anyone have a solution to preventing them from curling? I cannot hem them because they need to look like the existing banners. I applied tape on the back and that seems to help it some but does not eliminate it.

Many manufacturers of PVC banner vinyl make specific products that are designated as anti-curl product. I know that Ultraflex and Herculite Bantex both offer curl-free products that work well in applications where curl is a problem, such as banner stands etc. The curl-free media products are often times more expensive than typical scrim banner medias.

DIGIXTRA

Digixtra
I am using a heavy weight banner for hanging banners in a gymnasium but I am having problems with edges curling. I tried 13oz anticurl banner material and it curled worse than the regular scrim heavy weight material. Does anyone have a solution to preventing them from curling? I cannot hem them because they need to look like the existing banners. I applied tape on the back and that seems to help it some but does not eliminate it.

You probably use solvent ink? You said you can not hem them ..what about taping a strip of stiff material (like styrene) around the back of banner. this might help.

ThePrinter

Try PowerTape

Fellers sells a product called PowerTape by Banner Ups. It is a one-sided hem tape where you do not fold over the edge. It is suppose to keep the banner edges from rippling and preventing edge curling.

phototec

You probably use solvent ink? You said you can not hem them ..what about taping a strip of stiff material (like styrene) around the back of banner. this might help.

This sounds like a workable idea and you should be able to use PVC glue (cement) to secure 1" wide styrene strips abound the back of the banners to keep them flat.

gixxer2004

Castek-
I used 13 oz ultra flex with anti curl and it curled worse than the scrim banner! I took the scrim banner last night and attached a sheet of corrugated board to the back of the banner with grommets....so far it is staying straight as an arrow!!

phototec

Castek-
I used 13 oz ultra flex with anti curl and it curled worse than the scrim banner! I took the scrim banner last night and attached a sheet of corrugated board to the back of the banner with grommets....so far it is staying straight as an arrow!!

Hey, sounds like a great work-a-round, it's always good to think out of the box....:clapping: