• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Hem

cr.designs

Are most shops stitching banners or just using banner tape? Do most customers care whether its stitched? Does the life span make a huge difference, Im sure that the size of the banner matters, but I'd love to just use banner tape if I can get away with it.

Letterbox Mike

Banner tape works really well if you use good tape, but it's a lot more expensive than sewing. We do both, I've had both sewn banners fail (in 90+ mph winds) and taped banners fail (crap tape), so it's really a tossup. Obviously to get into sewing you're looking at an investment of at least $1000-1500 plus the additional space but after that it's next to free to hem banners. Tape costs nothing to get into but if you do any volume of banners taping them will cost you an arm and a leg. We put off buying a sewing machine for years, but we finally did when we realized we were averaging upwards of $300-500 a month for just the tape.

d fleming

I'm lucky, I have an upholsterer at t he end of the building and I get banners sewn fairly cheap. Mostly it's very convenient and looks better than tape. (imo)

T-Square_WPB

I've been printing scrim vinyl banner's on an HP5500 for about 8 years and have yet to tape or sew one. Typically will use a 1"x1" piece of vinyl with adhesive stuck to the back where grommets will be place or velcro for indoor banners for trade shows. In 8 years have never had a complaint about these banners.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Banner tape here - but GOOD banner tape (I buy the 3M brand). Sewing is impractical and not cost-effective for us...

and even if we had a machine I can't sew a lick...

cr.designs

Thanks, I guess I'll stick with banner tape for now and if we get lots of orders I'll switch to a different method.