• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner hemming & eyelet machines

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
We mostly outsource the hemming, but manually punch in the eyelets. As we're getting more and more banners ect, we're looking at doing it all in house.

Is there any recommendations for banner hemming/welding machines? and also eyeletting?

We're doing multiple meter banners, i.e 10-50m lengths

Thanks.

Quark

Merchant Member
50m? That’s 150feet? That’s a huge banner. We are a full blown banner shop, and we have a 80 foot table with a miller t300 in a middle and whenever we get 50m it is very challenging. I’d recommend our setup as a minimum. Any less machine / table space will make 50m banner practically impoasible (unless you’re sewing that can be done on a much shorter table)

As far as grommeting - I would highly recommend staying with a manual press. You’ll end up going manual on a 50m banner anyways as it’s a pain to pull it over a stationery automatic machine. And the downtime every auto grommeter has will equal out a little slower manual process

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Leister Hemtek ST. Plenty of YouTube videos about it, and a few reviews on here.
EuroTech in Perth seem to have the best price in the country at the moment.

Will give them a call. Thanks for that.

50m? That’s 150feet? That’s a huge banner. We are a full blown banner shop, and we have a 80 foot table with a miller t300 in a middle and whenever we get 50m it is very challenging. I’d recommend our setup as a minimum. Any less machine / table space will make 50m banner practically impoasible (unless you’re sewing that can be done on a much shorter table)

As far as grommeting - I would highly recommend staying with a manual press. You’ll end up going manual on a 50m banner anyways as it’s a pain to pull it over a stationery automatic machine. And the downtime every auto grommeter has will equal out a little slower manual process

This looks similar but better than the leister hemtek st. will look into it. Thanks

Already thinking of a table 2m long, Roll feed on one end and, i could have a manual take up roll.

Evan Gillette

We have a royal sovereign banner welder, the original design rbw-1500 and I have NOT been impressed with it. Supposedly they fixed some issues with the newer model. We would like to upgrade to a leister or miller but have been seeing lower volume lately and we outsource anything grand format.

As for grommets we have been very happy with the heavier duty hiker manual press, its very portable and we use it on a variety of substrates including ACM/ACP

Brandon708

We have a royal sovereign banner welder, the original design rbw-1500 and I have NOT been impressed with it. Supposedly they fixed some issues with the newer model. We would like to upgrade to a leister or miller but have been seeing lower volume lately and we outsource anything grand format.

As for grommets we have been very happy with the heavier duty hiker manual press, its very portable and we use it on a variety of substrates including ACM/ACP
We had the RBW-1500 and it was okay going from hem tape. I quickly got tired of it though. The hems looked horrible how it melts then "roll stamps" the weld. We got a Leister ST banner welder. Man I wish I bought that first but I don't think it was out yet. It welds beautifully and very easy to use.

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
We've had a Miller Weldmaster T100 for almost 14 years! Still going strong. We also have a Segal Automatic Grommet and Washer Machine. It might be a little overkill but that's what we thought 8 years ago on the grommet machine and now we could never do without.

https://www.weldmaster.com/machines/t300-extreme-edge
https://www.weldmaster.com/machines/t3-extreme (Entry Level)

Grommet Machines 1 just pierces and 1 punches the hole completely out.
http://www.edwardsegalinc.com/index.cfm?Level=3&PG=3&PID=9&CFID=103326396&CFTOKEN=17074125
http://www.edwardsegalinc.com/index.cfm?Level=3&PG=3&PID=10&CFID=103326396&CFTOKEN=17074125