Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banner hemming & eyelet machines

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by Pauly, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Pauly

Pauly Colour Guru

Feb 14, 2016
    Melbourne
    We mostly outsource the hemming, but manually punch in the eyelets. As we're getting more and more banners ect, we're looking at doing it all in house.

Is there any recommendations for banner hemming/welding machines? and also eyeletting?

We're doing multiple meter banners, i.e 10-50m lengths

Thanks.

Tags:
  2. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
    Leister Hemtek ST. Plenty of YouTube videos about it, and a few reviews on here.
    EuroTech in Perth seem to have the best price in the country at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Quark

Quark Member

Aug 20, 2014
    MI
    50m? That’s 150feet? That’s a huge banner. We are a full blown banner shop, and we have a 80 foot table with a miller t300 in a middle and whenever we get 50m it is very challenging. I’d recommend our setup as a minimum. Any less machine / table space will make 50m banner practically impoasible (unless you’re sewing that can be done on a much shorter table)

As far as grommeting - I would highly recommend staying with a manual press. You’ll end up going manual on a 50m banner anyways as it’s a pain to pull it over a stationery automatic machine. And the downtime every auto grommeter has will equal out a little slower manual process

4. Pauly

Pauly Colour Guru

Feb 14, 2016
    Melbourne
    Will give them a call. Thanks for that.

This looks similar but better than the leister hemtek st. will look into it. Thanks

Already thinking of a table 2m long, Roll feed on one end and, i could have a manual take up roll.

5. flyplainsdrifta

flyplainsdrifta Member

Oct 13, 2017
    ct
    I second the t300. if you keep it in check, that thing will go and go and go and go

6. Evan Gillette

Evan Gillette Member

Dec 5, 2018
    MN
    We have a royal sovereign banner welder, the original design rbw-1500 and I have NOT been impressed with it. Supposedly they fixed some issues with the newer model. We would like to upgrade to a leister or miller but have been seeing lower volume lately and we outsource anything grand format.

As for grommets we have been very happy with the heavier duty hiker manual press, its very portable and we use it on a variety of substrates including ACM/ACP

• Like Like x 1
  7. VanderJ

VanderJ Merchant Member - Printer Parts and Sevice

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    • Like Like x 1
  8. bigben

bigben Moderator

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
    I'm curious. What is the average price of a machine like the T300?

9. Brandon708

Brandon708 Very Active Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Orland Park, IL
    We had the RBW-1500 and it was okay going from hem tape. I quickly got tired of it though. The hems looked horrible how it melts then "roll stamps" the weld. We got a Leister ST banner welder. Man I wish I bought that first but I don't think it was out yet. It welds beautifully and very easy to use.

10. Grizzly

Grizzly Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Utah
    We've had a Miller Weldmaster T100 for almost 14 years! Still going strong. We also have a Segal Automatic Grommet and Washer Machine. It might be a little overkill but that's what we thought 8 years ago on the grommet machine and now we could never do without.

https://www.weldmaster.com/machines/t300-extreme-edge
    https://www.weldmaster.com/machines/t3-extreme (Entry Level)

Grommet Machines 1 just pierces and 1 punches the hole completely out.
    http://www.edwardsegalinc.com/index.cfm?Level=3&PG=3&PID=9&CFID=103326396&CFTOKEN=17074125
    http://www.edwardsegalinc.com/index.cfm?Level=3&PG=3&PID=10&CFID=103326396&CFTOKEN=17074125

11. FireSprint

FireSprint Merchant Member

For a hand grommeter, this machine is fantastic. It leverages in a way that most machines don't utilize. We use one when we grommet aluminum or PVC.