• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Hemming Machines?

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
Miller Weldmaster makes awesome and easy-to-operate edge welders using hot air or hot wedge technology. There was a good comment above about the importance of support tables....without the tables, life on any welding or sewing machine is going to be hard.

Miller has the T3 and the bigger T300. If you are doing a few banners a day or week, then the T3 is great. The T300 is for the shops who really run most of the day, every day. While they are spendy, they may be the most reliable machines in the industry backed by the best company in the industry in terms of backing what they build. My favorite part of selling their machines is when you examine the serial tag on the unit, every person who build the machine signs their name to it.

I'm happy to send you numbers or you can meet us at Miller Weldmaster as they are just a few hours away near Canton.

gnubler

I outsource 99% of my banners now, I honestly don't know how anyone can justify printing them in house when you can order them printed, hemmed and grommetted for so cheap.
Likewise. I had a customer once bring in some banners that someone else printed, to be hemmed and grommeted. NEVER AGAIN.
Honestly, it would have been faster/cheaper for me to outsource the entire thing at once. She probably ended up paying twice as much once it was all done.

The things people do to "save money"...

LarryB

Likewise. I had a customer once bring in some banners that someone else printed, to be hemmed and grommeted. NEVER AGAIN.
Honestly, it would have been faster/cheaper for me to outsource the entire thing at once. She probably ended up paying twice as much once it was all done.

The things people do to "save money"...
It's the cheap skates who buy from Vistaprint and don't realize they have to pay extra for grommets. I refuse those orders.

gnubler

Lesson learned the hard way. I also have people bringing in their old, ratty banners to update a date for an annual event. If it's just a couple numbers I'll do it. But these changing sponsor decals are such a PITA, I tell people it's cheaper to just print a new flippin' banner and they don't believe me.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Place I initially retired from (oh to be retired again) had both seam welder and a double needle sewing machine. The seam welder sat in a corner collecting dust, sewing was so much quicker, plus you can do fabric banners and backdrops, table runners & skirts printed on fabric, opens a lot of opportunities. You can find used ones pretty cheap too. If I still did a lot of banners, double needle sewing machine is the route I'd go again. Wife hates me because I can sew better than her.