• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Installation

Prairieboy

Hi all !! I have a customer who wants a 10' x 4' banner installed in front of there store, problem is they say the owner of the building won't allow any permanent fastners used on the structure. I don't feel using an adhesive backed hook would hold in the wind. I would have to attach to the Glass or the metal cladding. I am sure I'm not the first guy to have been faced with this delima so any Ideas or suggestions.

Buy the way this being my first real post I want to thank all of you for the help you have given already. This form has been a great help to me it is filled with great information.:thumb:

Sign Eagle

Do you have a grass area in the vacinity that you could install a pipe, plastic or metal , frame. We have made "U" frames, 2 vertical and a horizontal pipe join the verticals to the horizontal with 2 elbow, 4 eye bolts and bungee cords from corner gromets in the banner to the eye bolts. We usually install a sleeve in the ground, a short 12-15" long PVC pipe with an ID a pinch larger than the OD of the vertical support. With sleeve the frame can be removed when not in use.

visual800

I love stuff like this..."Hey I would like a car but I don't want wheels on it".

If the customer wants it on the front of building BUT landlord does not want anchors drilled into building and there is nothing else but glass Just offer to do a digital print on glass. If the customer doesnt want that walk away.

This is not for you to figure out and waste your time on, chances are he will get nothing

Prairieboy

I love stuff like this..."Hey I would like a car but I don't want wheels on it".

If the customer wants it on the front of building BUT landlord does not want anchors drilled into building and there is nothing else but glass Just offer to do a digital print on glass. If the customer doesnt want that walk away.

This is not for you to figure out and waste your time on, chances are he will get nothing

That is great advice I can't agree more, I have offered other ideas but come up against the wall of no compromise I think I will walk from this one.

Pat Whatley

If it's standard corrugated metal cladding just back out 4 screws near the corners, stick a d-ring strap hanger on the screw, screw it back in the same hole. Gives you a solid, quick and easy place to tie into the building with no damage at all.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

Salmoneye

Always a great idea Pat.
Is there anything to clamp to so you could tie off, or anything to tie off to?
Photos or a better description are needed.
Big windows you could put good suction cups to?
If there is an eve you could rubber wedge square tubing vertically.
Make a free standing banner stand?

Prairieboy

Thanks for the input, They won't let me put any screws or fastners into the building but I did convince the customer to go with window decals instead of a banner will look way nicer. So problem solved but not really.