• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Joining

heyskull

I am printing a very large banner which is nearly 25' x 10'.
Our printer will comfortably print 5' so i have a problem.
If I use banner hemming tape will this sufficiently hold it together?
I currently use a high tack banner bond tape for hemming and it works on the hems but I am concerned it won't hold a join.

SC

TheSnowman

Sub it to Merritt if you can get it to you in the UK. I contemplated the same thing once, and it wasn't worth the screwing around.

Kwiksigns

wookie
I am printing a very large banner which is nearly 25' x 10'.
Our printer will comfortably print 5' so i have a problem.
If I use banner hemming tape will this sufficiently hold it together?
I currently use a high tack banner bond tape for hemming and it works on the hems but I am concerned it won't hold a join.

SC

Some tapes say they are not used for this type of application. Some do. Just check their description. I've used the Oracal banner tape to do this before and it says it is not for joining banners but it has been 2 years and the banners are still together. PoleTape works awesome though... That stuff will never come apart.

You might want to see if anyone in your area has a thermal or an rf welder for banner. The old company I worked for had an RF welder. We welded a lot of banners together for smaller sign shops that had your problem.

~Chris