Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banner Joining

Discussion in 'Materials' started by heyskull, Mar 4, 2010.

1. heyskull

heyskull Very Active Member

Sep 2, 2007
    UK
    I am printing a very large banner which is nearly 25' x 10'.
    Our printer will comfortably print 5' so i have a problem.
    If I use banner hemming tape will this sufficiently hold it together?
    I currently use a high tack banner bond tape for hemming and it works on the hems but I am concerned it won't hold a join.

SC

Tags:
  2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    Sub it to Merritt if you can get it to you in the UK. I contemplated the same thing once, and it wasn't worth the screwing around.

3. Kwiksigns

Kwiksigns wookie

Feb 17, 2009
    Beltsville, MD
    Some tapes say they are not used for this type of application. Some do. Just check their description. I've used the Oracal banner tape to do this before and it says it is not for joining banners but it has been 2 years and the banners are still together. PoleTape works awesome though... That stuff will never come apart.

4. StopSignGraphics

StopSignGraphics Active Member

Jun 2, 2009
    You might want to see if anyone in your area has a thermal or an rf welder for banner. The old company I worked for had an RF welder. We welded a lot of banners together for smaller sign shops that had your problem.

~Chris