• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Laminating

Acee76

Hi guys,

Im wholesale printing large numbers of full coloured boat mats on rolls of banner material with Solvent ink (Roland printer) and looking to make them a little more durable and scratch resistant. What are my options for possibly laminating them? Keeping in mind that we are printing full rolls at a time with constant turn over so currently it is a print, dry, cut and out the door process and we do not have the time or space to be laying them out and spraying or painting with anything similar to the Viponds Liquid Laminate. Can the banner be cold or hot laminated as per any vinyl for other signage or wraps?
Or am I best to invest into something like a latex printer solely for this purpose? Will a latex printer solve the issue of scratching without Lam?

Thanks in advance
AC

Christian @ 2CT Media

I would look at a Canon Colorado 1640 or 1650. This is some that can handle your volume, no dry time, scratch impervious, and no laminate needed.

But to answer your question we used to laminate our banners with a film laminate. It works fine and just requires a little heat. I would recommend getting a liquid laminator for now there are many like the starlam available for under $10,000.