Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banner material question

Discussion in 'Materials' started by DKgrafix, Sep 19, 2013.

1. DKgrafix

DKgrafix Very Active Member

I'm looking to make a banner stand for upcoming Chamber of Commerce Expo where I will have a booth.
    I have a bunch of Zeelon 13oz material in house but I was wondering is I need to print this on curl free (Curl resistant) material or it has to be 10oz so it fits nicer in the banner stand (Retractable).

TIA

Tags:
  2. JgS

JgS Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Houston
    Since you are advertising our work I would go with curl free. I've seen 10oz with banner tape on the edged have good results. 13oz may work fine too.

3. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    I have used regular banner material, but the kind made for banner stands that have anti-curl properties work so much better. *FWIW - I have been using the matte finish material that BigFish offers with the opaque gray back for the majority of my pop-ups and retractibles.

4. sfr table hockey

sfr table hockey Very Active Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Alberta
    Just in the middle of doing up 5 Xstands with the same 36" wide material. I like the look and how it prints and the blockout is nice as well.

5. DKgrafix

Big Fish?

6. brush1

brush1 Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Personally I will never use regular banner material in retractable banner stand.
    It will curl.
    I use Ultraflexx super smooth (double sided) for years.
    I have sample printed in my shop in 2009 (it is date on it) just to show customers how well it is going to looks after years.

7. sfr table hockey

Jan 24, 2009
    Alberta
    Bigfish is a Merch. member on 101 and has a lot of nice media at good prices. Even to get them shipped up here.

8. DKgrafix

OK, does he have a web site or something like that?

9. sfr table hockey

Jan 24, 2009
    Alberta
    Just PM him with your email and (BigfishDM) can send you an email then with the media he has. Not sure of an actual we site.

10. DKgrafix

Thanks a bunch guys