• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Material Questions

Holysteel

Hi All,

How do one define a banner roll that is considered a "better quality" compared to another roll just by looking, looking at specs & feeling the material. Is it possible? There has been many brands out there. I cant seems to make up my mind on which brand to go with. Is there a tip/trick or technique to define the better quality banner roll just by looking at the small sales samples?

What does it mean when a banner material is claimed as knife coated, Coated & laminated?

Lastly what is a mirror banner ? Please kindly advise.

Thanks everyone !

Salmoneye

Typically they are defined by weight, ie. 8oz, 10oz, 13oz, 15... Don't know if there is a strength spec. Some people report more contamination etc.. with some brands. I have used some 13oz from BigFish, a merchant member here and it has been awesome and at a fantastic price. UltraFlex seems to be the standard although there is a thread here today about someone having issues.

Mosh

Kind Sir, I use Key banner material 13 oz think is the correct weight. Never heard of mirror banner material.

Most pleasant Day, Mosh.

Salmoneye

Didn't see that you were in Thailand, forget what I said. I will wait for someone else to answer that knows more than me. I don't know if banners are also rated in denier of the scrim either. I haven't heard about the coatings you talk about unless it is an unusual translated term for gloss coating. I know that some shops will use liquid lam on a banner but most don't.

Salmoneye

Mosh, are you:
Drunk?
Over behaving because you got in trouble?
Just being a racist jackass with sarcasm (albeit funny)? lol

Salmoneye

Didn't say you got in trouble, just wondering as that might explain it.
I just realized that it is after lunch so seriously we have opened the office bar. I have also started getting up at 3am for a light meal so that my 7am light meal is actually lunch. Works in a pinch.

Holysteel

So i guess, coated banner, knife coated is not very common in the west ? Can someone shine some lights on this.

Thanks in advance.