• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner material too thick?! Now what?!

petesign

If you bought a smaller roll of 10 oz. banner material you might find that you would use it more often if you had it lying around in house. Especially if you made a sample of the banner stand and let people look at it when they bought other stuff from you.

Besides, that one job pays for the roll, everything after is profit. 3-4 times a year is often enough to invest 100 bucks into a roll of a material you can keep in your shop a few years and still make money on it. If it were IJ180 and cast laminate I would understand, but this stuff is cheap.

One of my suppliers ran a special on banner stands a few months ago (something like 15 bucks for a 5ft high stand) so I bought 5 of them, and used some cheap banner material to make a sample stand display. I then made a "special" item.. sold the banner stand for cost, and cheap banner material for $5 a foot.. Customers were happy, and I made a few bucks doing add-on sales. Nice to be able to do that using materials that just sit around.