• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Material? What is it called

HeavyHitter

I have a customer wanting some cheap banners on the el cheapo plastic stuff. LOL I am not sure what you call it. It is kind of a plastic type material. The banners are meant to be throw away items. One event type thing. Any idea with this material is called? Can I print on it with my Mutoh? Only thing I came up with searching was PVC

Dan

jiarby

Poly..

Go to your nearest bar and look a a Budweiser banner.... Beer distributors make these for nothing for rest/bar owners/

Steve Werner

If you're printing using an eco solvent type ink with your Mutoh I think you will have a hard time printing to plain polyethylene. Even some of the UV printers have adhesion issues with plain corona treated PE. There are top coated versions out there but it usually adds .10 to .25 square foot to top coat and makes it more expensive than cheap banner vinyl.

HeavyHitter

I have someone asking about 250 plus banners at a time printed on this stuff. The banners will be 2'x5'. Thanks for posting guys.

Dan

SignManiac

Ask the reverend if the price really matters on his banners. The shipping will cost you more than the banner material, trust me.

Mosh

Polyethylene, cheap, and it is CHEAP. Shipping a banner is around $10-$15 bucks.
Check Grimco for Key banner material it is low cost and work 1000% better than poly, you can print it too.

GraceGraphics

I used the poly banner today, it was nice, it was for a one time shot banner - I used my HP DesignJet 5500 - had no issues printed nice. Even able to fold and use a hem tape and add a few grommets. worked well

Bought it From Grimco