• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

banner only printing a few inches then nothing

Stormyj

Just another guy
Printing a banner, 43"x72" on rolandsc540. created with corel draw 7. exported eps file and tried to print with roland colorip2.2 Takes about 15 min to rip and when I print, it prints about 7 inches of banner then stops printing and just feeds banner material through printer without printing anything, head doesnt move. Any ideas?

Stormyj

Just another guy
btw, i tried pdf and it does print all, but the colors are just horrible and quality is low.

StudioSignsInc

15 minutes seems like a LONG rip time. How big is the file size? Maybe it's too big and bogging down your computer. See if outputting at a lower dpi (72-100) helps. Our previous rip computer ran Win XP with 4 gb of memory, it worked great for a long time but started having problems with large files so we had to upgraded it.

Is there a setting in Corel when you save a file as a pdf to be able to control the compress of bitmap images? Sounds like your pdf is saved with low image quality.

I use Illustrator with Versaworks so sorry for not being to help more.

Stormyj

Just another guy
Thats what I thought. Normally rip times can be a few min, but the first time I ripped it it took like 18 mins. I thought immediately that I put a large graphic in that was bogging it down, but after review, just text and normal vector graphics. Their are a cpl of small bmps for twitter and fb, but nothing unusual. I thought of removing grahpic after graphic to see where the problem is. Trying that today.