Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banner or other substrate

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by gr85z, Jun 12, 2010.

1. gr85z

gr85z Member

Aug 18, 2006
    I have a small project that I am doing for my Fire Department Hall. I have volunteered myself to create a temporary (9-12 months) sign for out front. They asked for a Banner but I am wondering if Scooter Board or similar would be better. I have thought about vinyl or painting the sign depending on which way I go for substrate.
    I am doing this for free since I am a member of the department.

Need more information just post away I will answer.

Thanks
    James

Tags:
  2. 1banner

1banner Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Are you digitally printing banner ?

We have banners out there that are 2 yrs.+ and still look a good as new...they were printed on solvent based Mimaki JV3.

Hope this helps...

3. gr85z

gr85z Member

Aug 18, 2006
    No digital printing, just banner and vinyl.

4. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    If it's truly going to be temporary scooter board isn't a bad choice and should be fine with cut vinyl. How big are we talking here?

I know in my area - even for the Fire Dept - you'd be hard pressed to permit a banner for 9-12 months. And how were you going to hang the banner? Is there some kind of structure already there?

More info please :smile:

5. gr85z

gr85z Member

Aug 18, 2006
    OK on Scooter board.
    The Fire Department was volunteer and we recently transitioned to a paid part time staff. So the Inc. side of the Fire Department had to move out of the offices and other assests. We purchased a building that use to be the VFW cleaned it up and all. The probelem is the building has a brick fascia that the letters VFW are inlayed into the pattern. The size is about 30in high by about 6ft long.

Thanks