• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Pricing

Jillbeans

I don't discuss pricing in the open forum but I will say that I was getting $7/ft back in 1990 and I charge way more than that now.
I only use good banner material not polybanner crap and I don't charge by the pound.
I also don't dicount with a group order because it costs me the same to make each one, I don't print.
My painted banners are even more expensive.
I like to make money and not give my work away.
The banner a customer buys from me does a great job to promote their event.
It's like having a town crier without the fancy costume.
:)
If someone wants a 2'x6' banner for $45 bucks, after laughing out loud I tell them to go to the instant sign shop.
I'd rather sit on my couch and watch Bridezillas than work for less than minimum wage or try to compete with other shops whose layout skills are non existant.
Love....Jill

iSign

aww Jill... don't sell yourself short, your banners do too come with the fancy costume!! I've seen them!! (at the Dixie meet!)

trakers

"8) you began your career lettering your own race car?"

That is hilarious. There are 3 shops in a close by city that started that exact way. And yep, they all low-ball like a MOFO.

W

wetgravy

One of the nice things about not having a solvent printer is not needing to compete with other sign shops for digitally printed banners. We have a wholesaler who prints our stuff then we do a normal markup on them + the art fee, and with regular banners is our cost with a markup for the banner and the cost of the vinyl (and sometimes an art fee depending on mood i suppose). Pretty much after that there is very little in the way of pricing and we avoid customers who price shop since it takes at least a week to get the banners in (printed or otherwise)

CentralSigns

Order a subscription to SignCraft Mag and they send you a new price list(Official SignWriters PublishingCo Mini Sign Contractors Pricing Guide) every year. Then you never need to think about price again, just open the book and voilla. I think several other posters need some here for themselves or to hand out to low ball competition. You'l get lots out this book, but gotta order by Dec for to be on the mailing. I'm getting one extra for a t-Shirt shop I know, they Lowball as well.

Firefox

You know he is paying top dollar for the labor to produce all the work also!

How many illegals does it take to make a banner anyway?

I hear those 10 year old Chinese girls are great stitching hems.

boxerbay

pricing depends on your market area and what your client is driving. :)

We normally get $8.00 per sq ft. If it is a large banner the rate drops some.

Resellers get $4.75 sq ft.