• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Rentals

Custom_Grafx

It's not cut throat pricing. It's called reasonable pricing. It's not wasting profits when you price to a point where you make money where others couldn't and take the job.

Maybe its just the Japanese mind set I have that says its better to make $1 a million times over than it is to make $900k once.

And why do you assume I am the only one working? It's not like I'm all alone. $10 isn't a waste of time. But hey if you are above making money thats your flaw. I see opportunities to make money and take it. Thats why I have 2 businesses. Apparently I know a little bit of making profit.

The Japanese are a funny bunch.

Don't wanna pay more than a few bucks for a good lunch, but will gladly pay over $10k for a 'coming of age' kimono for their daughter which will never be used again.

Good luck to you mate - I see your point - so long as you can rent out a few hundred of these a week, your Japanese theory sticks. Few extra bucks a week... not worth it IMO.

There is another Japanese mindset - do something amazingly well, and charge accordingly.

Bradster941

Maybe its just the Japanese mind set I have that says its better to make $1 a million times over than it is to make $900k once.

Speaking as a lazy American here, I'll take the one time $900K and laugh while sitting on the beach thinking of you making your $1mil, $1 dollar at a time. :ROFLMAO:

cdiesel

Guess I'm a lazy American too...

From my experience, the customers that want things super cheap also tend the be the biggest pains in the ass.

"I'm on my way to pickup the banner.. I'll be there in 20 minutes" - when it's 10 minutes tot five.

"Oh.. you don't have a blue banner? I really wanted blue."

"That's a cool machine." - as they walk into your work area and knock over a finished sign, damaging it.

You get the point.

Glenn, just don't send those $10 customers my way! They'd waste $50 in gas just getting to my place anyway!

joshGN

I've rented out a NOW OPEN banner a few times...its a 3x8, which generally would cost $100. I tell the customer they pay the $100, then when they return the banner, in good condition, I will give them $50 back. I let them use it for a month.

artsnletters

ultimately i think this all boils down to the OP's salesmanship....you could easily have a small banner displayed in your shop and perhaps have a price list for different sizes, gee, they cant afford the $45.00 banner, downsize them into another SMALLER SIZE. Tell them they can use it next year, and the year after that. You don't really need a year on it, hell count the damn candles!

Somehow the original idea is akin to throwing a $20 bill in the portable toilet cause you dropped a quarter in it....cause you damn well arent going in after a quarter. Losing out on dollar jobs to chase pennies....
Tim