• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Banner Sewing

FelixS

Hello~
We’re looking at getting a sewing machine for banner finishing and I was wondering if anyone had a solid recommendation on which one will work well. We have an EFI 32r+ and have been double sided printing on 18oz banner material. We tried banner tape and in the Texas heat it just doesn’t hold for long enough so we need a sewing machine.
I was looking at Juki brand and I saw someone else give a recommendation for dual feed and dual needles for thicker substitutes, but I just want a “hey this one’s great and works well” for big banners and pole banners.
Thank you!

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Not sure if you came across this thread: https://www.signs101.com/threads/bringing-banner-finishing-in-house.176376/

I've tried asking more of less the same question and didn't get much info. I've scoured the forums and read every thread that has anything to do with banner sewing and still have no idea what model of Juki (or other) sewing machine would be a good fit. I've thought about just calling Juki or a distributor and just flat out asking them but haven't gotten around to it.

Good luck with your search, hope you find some helpful answers!

FelixS

Not sure if you came across this thread: https://www.signs101.com/threads/bringing-banner-finishing-in-house.176376/

I've tried asking more of less the same question and didn't get much info. I've scoured the forums and read every thread that has anything to do with banner sewing and still have no idea what model of Juki (or other) sewing machine would be a good fit. I've thought about just calling Juki or a distributor and just flat out asking them but haven't gotten around to it.

Good luck with your search, hope you find some helpful answers!
Thank you for the reply! I've been trying to ask around locally as well so I'll shoot another reply if I find anything out!

parrott

We run a Highlead (very similar to Juki) with double needle, folder and puller. Have had it probably 5 or so years with no issues. We bought it from Henderson Sewing in Alabama (ask for Bruce). They are very knowledgeable and responsive from what I remember. Sewing is about the only thing that will work with 2 sided UV prints. Welding doesn't work and don't know about tape, but would imagine it would have a hard time sticking to the ink.

I am happy to assist with any questions you may have.

GB2

Old Member
We have a Juki 1541S, which is a single needle machine but I think it's about the best choice you can make.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Place I retired from had a Mitsubishi double needle, don't remember the model number. It was kind of an entry level industrial, never had any issues with it. I kind of miss having one.