• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner sewing

tampaprinting

Tampa Printing
I would like to ask what everyone is doing for sewing their digital printed full color banners. In the past we would have our local Fellers warehouse sew them after us printing on them, and they would place on a courier for free if the order of materials was over $100. They no longer offer banner sewing as a service so now it's time to find another option. There are a couple of other wholesalers in our area who will sew, but the pick up and delivery eats into the net profit. Does everyone use double sided tape and fold over the edges, or do any of you have your own double needle sewing machine? What model and what is a good price to pay? Thanks in advance.

FishnSigns

We started out finishing our banners with DS tape. It's okay for a short term product but I've found that clients really prefer sewn hems or welded hems if you can afford the equipment. We purchased a double needle Kansai machine from Ralph's Sewing in Denver for around $3200. It was a little more than we wanted to spend at first but the investment has paid for itself time and time again. Highly recommend a new machine and be nice to your rep, he/she will show you how to use it and offer support down the road. We want to buy a Miller Weldmaster at some point. It's faster and more durable and you don't have to worry about white thread on a black banner or v/v. They start around $22K and go up from there. Great for a volume shop but spendy for a new venture. Best of luck!