• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Tape vs. Heat Welding

Angela

I use a high tack banner tape but still keep getting bubbles. I made a banner yesterday morning and then saw it last night and the sides were all bubbled. It looked crappy, argh! Seeing this made me think of heat welding. I went on you tube to see what it is and it doesn't seem like the machine would work for me. Any ideas?

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Heat seaming always trumps edge taping. Even sewing is a better option over tape if available.

HulkSmash

Welding the banner Is great. Hemming is better.

We tape hem, and have never gotten a bubble...what tape do you use

omgsideburns

I typed out a big reply, but honestly you can search for this.. it's been beaten to death.

We tape everything, no problems, ever. Wrinkles on the backside of the banner, but no seperations or failures, grommets don't tear out any easier than a sewn hem from out experience.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
any thoughts on vinyl cement?

HH66 takes some time to get good at laying down a smooth even coat.
It's easy to goof up at first.
With some practice and a couple of tricks it is as fast as tape and the bond is much stronger.

wayne k
guam usa

2B

regular banner tape was hit n miss with us, we switched over to VHB tape and have had no issues

JoshLoring

Banner tape works fine.

- We print the banner graphic the exact size full bleed, then add 1" white and a 1/16" light grey line outside the 1". Now- instead of measuring where to cut, zip your razor down the 1" grey line all around > flip the banner over > lay 1" banner tape along the edge > peel tape backing > start from the middle out and fold your banner over to the banner bleed. Roll or squeegee and done.
If you have an all white banner.. Add a 1/16" light grey line to the edge of the banner as well.

This takes only a second to add and saves you tons of time on the output side.