• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Welder Technique

Markio

I'm a new sign company and have purchased a leister banner welder. It works great, but I'm wondering if there are any techniques to help keep the banner as flat as possible so it lays/hangs flat after finishing?

Are you welding pockets or hems?

If it's hems, you may try using a weight or two to keep the hem in place. You'll have to remove the weight as the leister travels but that worked ok. If it's pockets with a little practice you shouldn't have an issue.

Some of the guys I worked with liked putting a little lubrication on the silicone wheel to help keep the vinyl from sticking to the wheel. I never really had a problem with it.

If your model is anything like the one we had I'd order an extra silicone wheel or two. It's real easy to damage them with the heat coming off the machine.