• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Welding Avery MPI 4230?

Xcesiv

I have done a search and didnt find anything on here

I am looking at using the MPI 4230 to make a large format banner sign.
To make it i will need to weld it.

Has anyone tried welding this banner media before?

thanks in advance for your comments

Regards

gregwallace

I have never welded that material in particular but in my experience smooth banner material is harder to weld than scrim. Its just hard to get a solid weld without a little heat distortion. What kind of welder are you using?

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
What are you welding with?? Hot air? Wedge?? I have welded a lot of smooth banner...both seams and hems on our Miller weldmaster. Find that we have to turn heat and speed down to avoid as much of the warping or scalloping on the hems as we can. Never perfect...but come out pretty nice and relatively flat. Not sure of exact settings...probably in the 900° area and a speed of 250. Typically we run Cooley and UF scrim at 1050° and 425 speed.

gregwallace

What are you welding with?? Hot air? Wedge?? I have welded a lot of smooth banner...both seams and hems on our Miller weldmaster. Find that we have to turn heat and speed down to avoid as much of the warping or scalloping on the hems as we can. Never perfect...but come out pretty nice and relatively flat. Not sure of exact settings...probably in the 900° area and a speed of 250. Typically we run Cooley and UF scrim at 1050° and 425 speed.

Hmm.. and what about torque pressure and weld pressure? Just curious as I have found very few people to talk to about welding. We have a t-83 air. We also have a t-100 wedge for the hems. Do you know any resolution for welding against the biased edge short of running heavier material? I work for oxford graphic in little rock Ar. It seems that we have a lot of similar equipment. Feel free to pm me if you ever need assistance with one of your vuteks, esp the 3360.