• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

BannerPro Banner Hemming & Pocket System???

Sticky Signs

Has anyone tried or own one of these things?

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/H...el=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1

It looks like it's either a great investment or total waste of money. My main concern is the width of the heating elements. How thick is the weld? 1/4" or 1/2" or 1"? It's hard to tell by the video. I don't do a lot of banners however it would be nice to have a heat weld rather than using banner tape. I know some of the good welders come with a really big $$$ tag. Does any one know of any alternatives?

gnemmas

That looks like a plastic bag sealer for food packaging use. With banner welder, you usually walk the banner or walk the welder if it is a portable one.

Sticky Signs

I guess I could alway seal my sandwich bags with it...
I've used several welders in the past. Miller Weldmaster seems to have the best equipment but like anything good, it comes with a hefty price tag. Like I said, I don't do enough banners to justify a 80000$ machine or even 20000$ for that matter...

Biker Scout

I've got some banner taped pole pocketed banners that withstood two past wind storms installed up on rigid poles in a wind alley of a parking lot!

I'm very impressed, considering I installed them in April. So they managed to not melt from the scorching summer heat, and now almost the end of the year they are still hanging.

I had to do quite a lot of damage control after the last storm we had here. Those banners with a single strip of banner tape held up just fine! Even though I did have some banners installed in a similar fashion in a different town, actually rip right out of a stucco wall during that last storm. Banners fine, wall... not so much.

I would consider getting a Banner Cyclone before one of these things. This banner pro thing is used in other industries, and was not designed for real banners. The fact that you still have to fold over the edge, and manually jog the banner down, already means you won't get a consistent hem. Banner Cyclone, not only creates the fold over edge as it automatically pulls the banner in, it also removes the backing paper off the tape. It will literally run circles around this fake welder machine.

http://www.usbanner.com/BannerCyclone.html

Robert M

banner pro

The weld is about 1/4 " wide
The difference between this and a bag sealer is it has top and bottom heat.

quicksigns

I am actually sending a banner material to a company in dallas that sell the sealer to see if the banner material would weld together. BannerPro is a rip off. All it is is a sealer with an extra metal plate and they charge an additional $700 for it.

DG

BannerPro Hemming System

We’ve been using a BannerPro in our shop for several months with GREAT success. We first saw the unit at a trade show where we visited with the factory representative and got some hands on time with the machine. Don’t be fooled by bag sealers that look similar to the base unit of BannerPro. The BannerPro has top and bottom heat, different heat elements and a different transformer (it’s a moose) and is designed for use with banner material. We have used the unit to hem large and small banners as well as fabricate pocket signs and pole pockets. The pocket signs are a big hit with our customers (and our employees) as they require less labor and cost less to produce than a traditional Coroplast sign, and get this, we sell it for the same price boosting profit for our shop. BannerPro work great!

Last edited:

Mosh

Been using our industrial sewing machine for 15 years, don't see any reason to change now. That thing looks great, but why reinvent the wheel?

bossdg

Our shop purchased a BannerPro. Works great. Sold our old sewing machine as the staff no longer would use it. Go BannerPro!

B Snyder

We’ve been using a BannerPro in our shop for several months with GREAT success. We first saw the unit at a trade show where we visited with the factory representative and got some hands on time with the machine. Don’t be fooled by bag sealers that look similar to the base unit of BannerPro. The BannerPro has top and bottom heat, different heat elements and a different transformer (it’s a moose) and is designed for use with banner material. We have used the unit to hem large and small banners as well as fabricate pocket signs and pole pockets. The pocket signs are a big hit with our customers (and our employees) as they require less labor and cost less to produce than a traditional Coroplast sign, and get this, we sell it for the same price boosting profit for our shop. BannerPro work great!

Is "bossdg" your boss, "DG?"

Today, in another thread, "bossdg" claimed "The pocket signs sell well as an alternative to Coroplast sign (more profit for us)" and yesterday you posted "The pocket signs are a big hit with our customers (and our employees) as they require less labor and cost less to produce than a traditional Coroplast sign, and get this, we sell it for the same price boosting profit for our shop."

So, I wonder...

Is "bossdg" your boss, "DG?"

Are you one in the same?

Is someone a shill for ******55.com?

Just curious.

bossdg

Interesting. We're in Toledo, OH. Where is DG located? Boss is my nickname, DG is my initials. I don't like being called a shill.

B Snyder

In the video that Sticky Signs refers to in his OP, Tony Kimmen of DurableGraphix.com shows us the BannerPro that he's been using in his shop for the "past 30 days." I love strange coincidences. Like the one that DurableGrafix.com share the same mailing address as Supply55, the maker of the BannerPro. And the other that the two separate people who speak so highly of the bannerpro happen to have user names with the letters D and G
in them.

http://www.durablegraphix.com/images/Work/supply55.jpg
http://www.durablegraphix.com/Contact.html

I think I dislike shills more than you dislike being called one, Boss. It's a good thing there aren't any on this site.

DG

What's all the fuss about. We are "DG" Durable Graphix and we do design work for Supply55. We also served as a beta site for and later purchased a Bannerpro. Fact is the unit works well and earns us money. Is that a crime? As I recall the original thread asked for feedback on using the device, which is what we provided.