• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

BannerPro Banner Hemming & Pocket System???

Wow this is a tough thread. I am new to signs101.com so I will go easy. We bought one and it works as advertised. Before Bannerpro we used tape and sent banners out for sewing. We are happy with our purchase.

gnatt66

that looks like a modified version of the shrinkwrap machine i have at work...y'all KNOW i gotta try that on Monday ;)

it looks like this:

Attachments

• machine_package.jpg
    machine_package.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 179

gnatt66

the hinge will get in the way gnatt

i know, Pat..lol. but..if it 'works' and i have another one of these in a storage unit collecting dust i can take it apart, etc.

mine can seal approx 28" in one swipe, so..i could theoretically weld a 2x4 banner as it sits.

i'm more curious than anything.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Has anyone tried or own one of these things?

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/H...el=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1

It looks like it's either a great investment or total waste of money. My main concern is the width of the heating elements. How thick is the weld? 1/4" or 1/2" or 1"? It's hard to tell by the video. I don't do a lot of banners however it would be nice to have a heat weld rather than using banner tape. I know some of the good welders come with a really big $$$ tag. Does any one know of any alternatives?

I could hem a banner with tape faster and more securely than I could this sandwich bag sealer on steroids.

Zakk

I know this is a REALLY old thread - just wondering if there is any new feedback on the Bannerpro? We currently use tape, but have had someissues with it giving out (rarely), but we're also looging for a solution to seal banners in a loop for rotating dispays and banner tape sucks for that application. I am not sure if this machine is good for sealing banner end to end and for sealing edges if we are not hemming at all. Thanks.